Dallas Afterschool collaborates with local community members, funders, and advocates in support of expanded access to afterschool programs. We envision a city where all students experience enriching opportunities outside of the traditional school day.
We invite you to join our growing number of advocates working to ensure that an additional 16,000 Dallas-area children have access to free and low-cost afterschool programs. As part of this effort, advocates will engage with decision makers on the importance of Out-of-School Time programs by:
- Expressing support for advocacy efforts at the district, municipal, and state level
- Providing public comments sent directly to decision makers
- Participating in surveys related to city budget decisions
- Signing letters in support of program expansion
- Providing additional written comments reflecting your individual outlook
As a supporting advocate, you can expect to receive updates on Dallas Afterschool’s progress, invitations to relevant events, and ways you can help.