The following job opportunity is available at Dallas Afterschool:
Sr. Director of Development
Interested applicants for this position should email [email protected].
The following opportunities are available at other organizations:
Jubilee Park and Community Center
Afterschool Instructional Aide
Jubilee’s purpose is to improve lives and strengthen community and we believe that education is a key component to achieving this goal. Jubilee’s afterschool program provides academic enrichment and character-building curriculum that supports what students are learning at school.
The Afterschool Instructional Aid is responsible for providing instructional support services to the Afterschool Teachers in instruction, preparation and management of classrooms and students during the Jubilee’s Afterschool Program as well as other duties assigned.
The Afterschool Instructional Aide hours are Monday-Friday from 2:30-6:30 PM (subject to
change) and reports to the Program Delivery Manager.
- Must be 18 years or older
- 1+ years working with elementary children preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Istation experience preferred
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability assist in instructing and managing afterschool students effectively
- Ability to communicate efficiently
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive incoming afterschool students and assist with afterschool dismissal.
- Actively monitor students during assigned afterschool classes.
- Assist afterschool teacher with the delivery of enrichment activities.
- Provide homework assistance.
- Maintain an environment conducive to learning where the students feel safe and welcomed.
- Assist with actively monitoring students during Istation time.
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Keep afterschool teachers informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Maintain time sheet.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Moderate standing, bending and lifting.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by the Program Delivery Manager.
SCHOOL AGE SERVICES - Group Leader
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is searching for cause-driven individuals to oversee the day-to-day operations of afterschool programs.
Typical day for this role:
Once at the site you will work closely with the Site Director as he/she operates the afterschool program, following Texas Health and Human Services standards & YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas policies, procedures and Operational Promises. You will actively engage in activities with participants including: physical activity, enrichment activity and Homework/CATCH time implementation. In addition to supervision of the afterschool participants, you will also help maintain inventory and supplies needed for your program. Every day you will ensure that program set-up and clean-ups are done correctly and neatly in order to meet school contracted guidelines.
The main objective for this role is to provide a safe environment and manage the well-being of each child and staff person at your site.
Hours: Monday – Friday 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Minimum age: 18 years of age; Education: High School Degree/ G.E.D. or higher
- Must have reliable transportation
$300 incentive for anyone hired September 11 - October 31 (incentive paid after reaching 5 months of employment).
To apply, visit: www.ymcadallas.org/workwithkids.
Camp Fire seeks highly energetic and organized individuals for a part time positions. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience managing a youth program, working directly with children and parents. Duties include tracking attendance, conducting surveys and tracking program fees. Additionally, site coordinators are expected to supervise program staff, as well as children. They are responsible for the smooth operation and program quality of their assigned site. Since public transportation is not conveniently available throughout the area, the incumbent must have daily access to an automobile and be a licensed, insured driver. Bilingual and college degree preferred. Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].