The following job opportunity is available at Dallas Afterschool:
No opportunities at this time.
The following opportunities are available at other organizations:
PART-TIME LIFE AND EARTH SCIENCE EDUCATOR POSITION | Dallas Arboretum Education Department
Join an exciting team of educators in providing life and earth science education to K-8 students here at the Dallas Arboretum. Our part-time educators work both on- and off-site in delivering TEKS aligned programming to area students and schools. Teachers have a strong background in science content and work primarily with K-8 grade levels. Potential work hours are 20-32 hours/week at $17 per hour. Position starts ASAP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- As assigned, develop, modify and teach education programs both at the Arboretum and at partner sites
- Assist in the development of new programming as needed
- Promote and facilitate Arboretum field trips, outreach programs and after school programs, to include check-ins and bus parking
- Assist Program Specialist in the selection and development of materials and supplies related to programs assigned to teach and/or manage
- Assist Program Specialist in writing curriculum as requested
- Maintain attendance, ethnicity and testing records for programs taught and/or managed. Report numbers and results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Train and supervise volunteers assisting with educational programs for which he/she is responsible as needed
- Distribute and process program evaluations for all applicable programs; review and discuss with supervisor modifications for improvement
- Assist in developing and implementing educational activities for major events at the Arboretum as needed
- Supervise and teach spring and summer camps as assigned; assist in developing and modifying current programs as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences
- Two years teaching experience in formal classroom and/or informal science institution
- Proficiency in use of computer software
- Clear written and oral communication of science literacy
Submit resume to: [email protected]
YMCA SCHOOL AGE SERVICES - Group Leader
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is searching for cause-driven individuals to oversee the day-to-day operations of afterschool programs.
Typical day for this role:
Once at the site you will work closely with the Site Director as he/she operates the afterschool program, following Texas Health and Human Services standards & YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas policies, procedures and Operational Promises. You will actively engage in activities with participants including: physical activity, enrichment activity and Homework/CATCH time implementation. In addition to supervision of the afterschool participants, you will also help maintain inventory and supplies needed for your program. Every day you will ensure that program set-up and clean-ups are done correctly and neatly in order to meet school contracted guidelines.
The main objective for this role is to provide a safe environment and manage the well-being of each child and staff person at your site.
Hours: Monday – Friday 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Minimum age: 18 years of age; Education: High School Degree/ G.E.D. or higher
- Must have reliable transportation
- Site Coordinator
- Afterschool tutors - off campus work-study
- Afterschool tutors - service hours volunteer
- AmeriCorp worker - minimum wage plus college tuition stipend