SAFETY + QUALITY
Free and low-cost afterschool programs in Dallas are exempt from State safety and quality standards, which is why Dallas Afterschool’s work is so important!
We support afterschool and summer programs in their journey to safety and high quality with our Program Quality Initiative (PQI). Services under PQI include one-on-one coaching, group training for afterschool staff, and academic resources for students. PQI is available to any free or low-cost afterschool program in Dallas County.
Afterschool Program Assessment and Certification
- Regular safety assessments (Download safety standards)
- Annual quality assessments with 74 quality indicators
Coaching and Training For Afterschool Professionals
- One-on-one coaching
- Continuous Improvement Plans (CIP)
- Group training on over 25 topics, ranging from Behavior Guidance, Literacy in Out-of-School Time, Social and Emotional Learning and Youth Voice & Choice (Download our current Fall training selection)
Academic Resources For Students
- Literacy curriculum
- Virtual and augmented reality kits
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) activities and assessment software
- STEM-based Wonder Kit activities to engage an entire class